Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Mattel is so evil.

  1. #1
    Wrinklie Alert
    Guest Wrinklie Alert's Avatar
    Just like you? Charater dolls? Skinny blonde picecs of plastic they are calling dolls? I'm not OK with this. Why are they doing this? I want Pleasant back!! [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You do not want to see what they did to poor Barbie! she is suffering along !!! I bought a Anneliese (Barbie) and the legs are so skinny and tiny, that if you bend them a little, they will fall off! Not only that, but there are holes in the dolls legs! holes from the mold!!! now that is [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] Barbie is also thinner now too! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was at Walmart this week and saw the front door display of the Pegasus Barbies. IMHO I think they are ugly. The big eyes, weird hair and the male [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] . It all looks cheap. This is just my opinion and may not be that of others. Thank goodness my dd's are only into AG now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you seen the Barbie Wee 3 Friends? I bought DD the ballerina set. They are so horribly made that after 10 MINUTES of play they were in worse condition than my childhood Barbies after YEARS of play. I can honestly say they are the worst toys by daughter has ever had.

  5. #5
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    I never did not like Barbie I cannot stand her. I did not pleay with her when I was younger my mother forbid it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That makes me sad that barbies are not playable anymore. I loved barbies when I was little.

    I had heard a few years ago that they actually made the dolls less skinny with smaller chests than in the early 80s, to make it a slightly more human ratio. Are they not doing this anymore?

  7. #7
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    The "standard" Barbie has a bellybutton now and the waist is a little bit wider with a smaller chest. Some of the waists flex, most don't. They vary quite a bit and they still use the older body (or some body parts) sometimes. Even among the same lines they sometimes have differant bodies! I have 2 of the "My Scene". One has nice hair and jointed arms, legs, waist, etc. The other one is cheaper plastic and made with the older clicky joints on the legs and none on the waist or arms. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    The "standard" Barbies have gotten cheaper made, but the middle and higher end ones are still well enough made. On the upside to that, Barbies go on clearance ALOT, so you can often get the pink label collector barbies or the nicer ones for the price of the cheap ones. I got the "Princess and the Pauper" AA Ken for $3.50 at Walmart on clearance. He has very nice rooted hair and full joints. I was really surprised how well he was made. I bought him with the sole intention of stealing his clothing for vintage Ken , but he was well enough made I kept him.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't relate. I am very pro-Barbie, although I do have a sense of humor about it. Like I love Teen Talk Barbie because the things she says are so shallow, and love the '80s "Barbie and the Rockers" video, because it is so poorly acted and campy.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think Mattel is evil at all. They just donated nearly $3 million in books and toys to the children affected by Hurricane Katrina. This included American Girl products. They have also partnered with the National Association of Children's Hospitals to provide toys and financial support to those who are truly in need. I think Mattel makes products that appeal to all children and while some of their products might not appeal to you, they do appeal to others. If Mattel had not purchased American Girl, than Pleasant Company might noteven be around anymore.

  10. #10
    Wrinklie Alert
    Guest Wrinklie Alert's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by historylover:
    I don't think Mattel is evil at all. They just donated nearly $3 million in books and toys to the children affected by Hurricane Katrina. This included American Girl products. They have also partnered with the National Association of Children's Hospitals to provide toys and financial support to those who are truly in need. I think Mattel makes products that appeal to all children and while some of their products might not appeal to you, they do appeal to others. If Mattel had not purchased American Girl, than Pleasant Company might noteven be around anymore.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OMG! I didn't know that! I feel bad for calling them evil now. [img]frown.gif[/img] Oh well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •